Since I’m working now, I need quick & easy meal ideas… but those that are Weight Watcher friendly too since I’m starting meetings at work and could use to lose my 7 pounds of “unemployment weight” that I seem to have put on.
I put this list together for the next week, along with items I need to purchase for them. Keep in mind that I didn’t add spices and some other items that I already have on hand. I thought I would share the list so that, (1) you know what I’ll be blogging about over the next week and (2) you can see how I try to organize it and maybe it might be helpful for you as well. I actually keep a running list as I come across a recipe that sounds good and add it here.
Once I got this list together, I started plugging grocery items into my Grocery IQ app for my iPhone. You can see it here. You can organize items, create favorites, and even scan barcodes of things!
Next, before I go tomorrow I’ll check the sale paper and see if anything is on sale that I need as well, and if there are things I should get ahead of time.
So, that’s that! Hope it’s helpful to you!
- Corn and “Bacon” Chowder – celery, onion, milk, Canadian bacon, 4 corn on the cob, red bell pepper, Yukon gold potato (1), reduced fat rolls
- Spicy mustard shrimp – shrimp, whole grain mustard, green onion, mango, cilantro, lime, orzo, zucchini (1)
- Pappardelle with Chicken and Mushroom Ragù – chicken tenderloins, cremini mushrooms, garlic, 28oz whole tomatoes, baby arugula, fettucini
- Pollo Sabroso – chicken legs, veggie (broccoli?) for the side
- Turkey patty melts – Vidalia onion, ground turkey, part-skim ricotta, egg, reduced-fat swiss slices, rye bread, baked chips for a side
- Wild mushroom and chicken stir fry – chicken breasts, snow peas, shiitake mushrooms (1 c), oyster mushrooms (1 c), chicken broth, green onions